View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 09:51 AM
DirectTo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2011
Position: 737 CA

Originally Posted by frmrdashtrash View Post
I didn't know you guys had a TA. Are the details out there for the rest of the world to see?
Sure, here's the "bulletin point summary" we all got, my comments in parenthesis:

• Higher Pay Rates - Most pilots will see a double digit percentage increase in rates! (from $21 to $23.39 for first year FOs)
• Block or Better Pay - On a leg by leg basis (definitely needed, they horribly underblock probably a third of our legs)
• Deadhead Pay - At 50%
• Premium Pay – 150% pay for reassignments and operations extensions (except they can run you until 2 AM on a day off with zero penalty and it's still a day off)
• Other new pay credits, including taxi movement and maintenance run-up pay (18 mins for taxi, 12 for gate run-up, 24 for off-gate run-up)
• Increase in Per Diem - From $1.25 to $1.45, a 16% increase
• Increase in Days Off – 14 to 15 more days off per year and NO “fake” days off! (also needed, when we do stand-ups/continuous duty overnights/high speeds the second day is listed as a day off on our schedule)
• Improved sick leave accrual and pay
• Commuter Policy (once per year, anything beyond that is an "occurance" with the company, and it only works if you have a "gauranteed" jumpseat, of which I don't know anyone besides FedEx who does, or 10% open seats, which as far as I know we can only check on CO/UA)
• Improvements in trip construction and quality of life - No more 7 leg days! (now just 6 leg days!)
• Cap on insurance premiums (basically the same as now)