View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 07:41 AM
forgot to bid
veut gagner à la loterie

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Light Chop

Originally Posted by PilotFrog View Post
There are a number of ways to EWR that don't cost and arm and leg, but do take a while.

Kew Gardens to Jamaica - Cab I guess
E train to Penn Station - $2.50
North Jersey Coast Line Train - Newark Airport RR station - like $12.50
Air Train - EWR

At Penn Station you can also walk to the PATH and take that to Newark and get on a Train to the Newark Airport RR station though it is still like $8-10. Plus if you get yourself to Hoboken or Newark, the cab ride from there drops to $30

Just a little help for the newbies coming to NYC. As said earlier though, I beg for EWR trips on the ER and never get them. Lots of 88 trips though and some 73.

Oh and it all depends on the time of day. 5 am show at EWR without a car is a nightmare.
I'm with Bar, end EWR as a part of NYC. If you look at the EWR flying it's not NYC flying, it's one leg out of EWR to ATL, 4 days in ATL, one leg back to EWR on the last flight. EWR should just be ATL flying, not NYC.

Because look at the trips, 4-day shows at 0515 and ends at 2010.

Now if you're in Kew Gardens how in the world do you get to EWR for a 515 show? I'd say you go the night before. But what if you get a 0300 SC and they call at 314am. I'd pull the I'll get there when I get there but does the train even get there that early?