View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 11:41 AM
RedeyeAV8r
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by Gunter View Post
So what do you think the odds are that when and if we get the 767 the company takes flying away from the 767 schedule and sticks it on 757 secondary and reserve schedules? And vice versa. They'll be free to play whatever games they want based on how they man each.

Since I'm not senior, you won't see me bidding the 767 unless I want 757 rates with a little extra now and then. 757 guys might be happy with the situation, though.
I won't predict anything, but if I was a betting man the 757 and 767 will be a combined bidpack
just as the MD10 MD11 is Senior international Trips speckled with Very Junior night hub turns.

The Diff there is that they both pay the same rate, but it is the same issue.

IF the 767 pays WB pay, I will go out on a limb and say, when you fly the 767 you get the higher rate, if there is a 757 trip on the same line, you get 757 pay. That is how it was done at my previous job.

All that said However, If we get 767's on property, Section 26K will apply.
The Union and the Company will meet to try to determine what category it is, or if it is a New category. Both sides will agree to disagree, The company will do what they want and in the end we will have to accept the arbitrators decision of the grievance process.