View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 07:20 PM
aibal
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by DirectTo View Post
As I said earlier, no one expected management to give a Piedmont contract. It's the first round, concessions have to be made for an agreement to be reached. However, I would prefer to fight for a better contract for new hires down the road than take my own immediate benefits now and then leave it still below industry standard for the forseeable future.

I went to one of the Cleveland shows and was not impressed. Two and a half hours of rambling, ridiculously specific examples, little citations of definitive benefit for the masses, and the typical ALPA rah-rah; then time for just a few questions (several of which were just answered with "trust us") before they hushed us along. I'm sorry, I don't have a lot of "trust" right now.

The wonderful part of the whole scenario is it doesn't matter what any of us argue on a message board...at ten AM tomorrow we can start voting, and within two weeks we'll have an answer. Things will be changing regardless, and we're all along for the ride.
What exactly was it that you were expecting that is not in this TA? Sure the pay is not piedmont but its a big improvement. There are tons of new beneficial things in there. Seriously what is it that you think they can gain given the time it will take to gain it that would be worth it? To me it looks as close to what everyone else has as I think you could expect.