View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Diver Driver
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Tiki bar

Originally Posted by aibal View Post
Everyone is bidding about 76 hours every 28 days now, that converts to over 82 hours per calender month. Its exactly the same. The only difference in the TA is that your bid hours go over the guarantee. All hours are still guaranteed unless you get your first turn canceled before you start your trip. The above 82 part is just credits you add on top of your bid value.(And you wont fly 82 with cancellations, but you still get the pay) You fly and bid the exact same as you do now, you get paid the higher rate. It's almost all pay protected. It doesnt seem like it is that simple, but it is. Min days off is also going up to 12 lineholder, 11 reserve so i don't see myself working any more days. Seriously, watch the roadshow, the math makes sense. I was just as skeptical too.

It is all pay protected. For the first turn cancellation example: Don't answer the phone to be notified on your day off, report as published and you're paid.

As someone on reserve, this has a chance to make a really big improvement in my QOL and pay. The SUO's being two days' work, block or better and other little improvements are huge to me. The pay raise, although not a lot, will still help tremendously. Despite whether or not you agree with how I feel about the TA, I encourage all who are eligible to vote, to do so.