View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 06:54 PM
hvydvr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2011
Position: Wind checker

Originally Posted by FlyBoyd View Post
Clarification Question: HPA sent you all the forms and you filled them out and mailed them in to get the certificate?

HPA (Sandy) sent me this: "In order to sign up, you would need to send a deposit of $1500 that may be paid with a check or a creditcard. Study material will be sent to you via FedEx. For the VA,fill out the 22-1990 if you have not used VA funds before or the 22-1995 if youhave. Also you could request a Letter of Eligibility."

Could you connect the dots for me please?
You bet.

Go to the VA website. You'll need to login to the VONS (sp?) site. Basically, under the GI Bill section, you will apply to use the benefit at your school (HPA) in this case.

The 22-1990 is most likely the one you're looking for. If you're active duty, you're in their system and it should be a slam dunk. Filled it out and applied in less than 20 mins.

It can take six weeks or so to get the certificate of eligibility in the mail. During that time, contact HPA and let them know you desired class. You will need to make a $1500 deposit to hold the class slot

After you get the certificate, you can either scan and send it in or bring the original to the fist day of class.

While the rest of your classmates are writing a very large check, you can sit there and remember that the long walk from the CHU to the Cadillac was worth it.

The billing people at HPA will reaffirm that the $1500 check you cut to hold your spot will be returned to you upon reimbursement from the VA.

QUICK NOTE: Apparently the VA has 90-120 BUSINESS days to pay up. I don't expect to see that money until late spring at the earliest.

BL: get the certificate of eligibility and they will take care of it
Cheers