View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 03:20 PM
skyxbomb
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010

Go read commutair thread. Most people there wish they could get a PDT contract and pay scale. 27 an hour for first year is probably industry leading for dash. IMO as a professional pilot, asking 50k a year as base should be the minimum but as sad as it is, we're struggling for a measly 30 an hour as first year pay. Morale sucks there from a handful of friends I got there. Morale sucks in PSA where I'm at. Look around. The super regionals are worried about furloughing, seniority integration troubles and what not. Get your time and get out. That's what pdt/psa is good for. For the senior pilots and the lifers, of course they're beat and tired of the bs they deal with from the company for 20 years. If you've been there for 1-5 years and whine, don't act like you've been there for 20 years. It was a risk going there and you took it. Tough it out, get your pic time and go whine at the majors. I guarantee if you're whining here, grass ain't that much greener on the other side. Inversely, if you're making the best of it wherever you are, you will have a happy successful career in the majors. Sorry about venting. Just tired of 21 year olds with 250 hours complaining when they get washed out. But I am sincerely happy for and envious of the 21 year olds that made it thru. You guys are way ahead of the game.