View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 11:05 AM
LowSlowT2
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Why not get dirty, get a few colds, build up some immunity. This obsessive hand washing is making things worse, IMO. I grew up never washing my hands, eating with grease on my fingers, setting my food down wherever, drinking out of a garden hose or a "cleared" mud puddle and I never get sick. I drink the water and eat the local food all over the world and don't get sick. Everyone gets sick for two weeks and the worst for me is I might feel poorly for a day or so.

We've become terrified of germs. We sterilize anything that comes within 50ft of a baby and don't let their immune system develop properly. Then we wonder why our kids are sick all the time.

I stay healthy by not being paranoid about getting sick. I'm in reasonable shape for a 45 year old - I run about 3 miles a few times a week and try to keep my weight under control. But I drink the water and eat the local food world wide...and I'm not talking 5-star hotels, I'm talking street vendors. I don't get sick.

It's our society and culture that makes us sickly...quit washing your hands so damn much!

Last edited by LowSlowT2; 11-25-2011 at 05:36 AM. Reason: I kant speel