Thread: Aviation degree
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 09:10 AM
PearlPilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: DHC-8 SIC

I am glad the importance of a non-aviation degree is being presented here by the participation of a wide variety of personalities. Last summer I met a senior in high school and his dad and had lunch with them. He was already working on his PPL (flying since he was 14) and he seemed to know a lot about aviation (aircraft, and the whole nine yards). He certainly impressed me. Now it was not a surprise to find out that he desperately wanted to attend ERAU. He told me how he visited and was extremely imressed with them. The father seemed to be a little concerned about the "price" but of course, it did not seem to be an obstacle. I know a buddy of mine from high school who is currently attending ERAU, but he's pretty loaded. What I am trying to say this this: When I was in high school, I wanted to go to a place like ERAU as well. But I think it is simply a fantasy world that you are dreaming of. It may be "state of the art" but trust me a good old degree should just do it. After all I really doubt that airlines care what degree you have, as long as its a bachelor's degree. I am going for it!