View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 06:58 AM
trashhauler
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: B-777

Originally Posted by R1200RT View Post
You know John H was our first contract administrator and he told me once he wished he hadn't done the job because half the guys here thought he was on the company's side. If you are going to have a pilot interpret the contract for the company lawyers (witch I'd think would be a good thing) you want a guy that knows how the game is played. They don't do the direct negotiations or make any final decisions, if they did (since they get paid like we do) I'm sure we'd all be making $700.00 bucks and hour and have 6 months vacation a year. So, yea he can be a good guy. I think JH was (not sure about JL) and Billy Mac seems to have done a good job too, if I'm to believe RI assessment.

You guys give the pilot management way too much credit/power.

I'm just more optimistic about our potential management structure than I have been in 15 years. First tell will be who gets selected for these new captain managers. If BM regurgitates ex-management types I think he'll be making a mistake. I want to see line guys in those jobs!
Well RT, I think you would make a fine Capt manager! Make sure you send BM your resume!