View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 06:06 PM
tsquare
No longer cares

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 767er Captain

Originally Posted by OccupyRestSeat View Post
Even if they can't --and I think they can, since they won't be worried about grooming the next chief pilots and otherwise rolling over like ALPA is--at least we won't be sending money outside of our pilot group to support the bloated gluttons in Herndon who are required to support those who would undercut us. At the VERY least, dues will decrease and monies available to our pilot group will skyrocket.

Do folks on here know about the outgoing ATL chief pilot's ALPA background? Totally unsat. I want my union folks to be persona non-Grata in the Mecca hierarchy.
I'm no fan of the national association either, but be real. This is petty stuff right here. Why do you want the leadership to be persona non grata? Does that somehow offend you? What if he get's us a 50% pay raise and you only have to work 5 days/month... AND... all the RJ flying comes on the property.. BUT.. he will be the next head of flight ops? Ridiculous you say? Uh.. no.. it's exactly like the joke about asking a girl if she would sleep with you for a million dollars... (I will regale it if you do not know it). All we are arguing about is the price.