View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 06:58 PM
Carl Spackler
Back on TDY

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 747-400 Captain

Originally Posted by tsquare View Post
I never said that ALPA was the avenue to success Carl. I just want to know what it is that DPA has that ALPA does not that would make them more successful.
I didn't say you said it. I said your question presupposes it. Here's your post again for review:

At the risk... what on God's green earth makes you think that if ALPA cannot deliver that DPA can? Just a few bullet points will do.
Did you read the part that says: "If ALPA cannot deliver..." That certainly sounds like your thesis is that ALPA is the only way, and if ALPA can't succeed, who can. If that's not what you meant, great. But your statement belies that.

As far as question 2, I believe that since the guys negotiating the contract also have to live under that contract it is ludicrous to believe that they would want anything else. No.. it's beyond ludicrous.
This kind of false premise is what allows our MEC to behave in their top-down manner. They DO NOT live under this contract. That is the whole point.

I am no pom pom shaker... but I fail to see other than vitriol towards ALPA. What it is that DPA brings?
Part of the problem here is that you're describing the statements of fact as "vitriol". If you allow fact finding to be described that way, corruption wins.

Carl