Old 11-29-2011, 05:34 AM
jlbm
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Question for all the shrinking airlines snake oil salesman on here. If the majors keep shrinking, where are they going to send the capacity to? Passenger traffic is going to increase, more people are wanting to fly. Most majors have a large percentage of their pilots retiring over the next 10 years and given your sales pitch, that means 50% less flights going around the country. How are the airline managements going to convince the American population to stop flying? Sure, send it to the regional airlines is an option but who controls the levers on that right now? THE PILOTS AT THE MAJORS! So if any of you want to spread this message in a threat to other pilots I suggest you should take control of the situation with your feet and vote instead of spouting off on pilot boards without fulling thinking your words through.

I am not a shortage follower, I believe hiring at all airlines will increase some and decrease some through out my flying lifetime. Shortage is just the opposite side of the snake oil sales pitch.