Thread: Split decision
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 02:21 PM
sandrich
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011
Default Split decision

Just finished my CFI-A and II. Probably spent $6,000 on both...I am a low time pilot (lower than all regional minimums) however I was just offered an interview at a small regional (not going to say the name, as it may cause flame) *cough* Gulfstream *cough*. I understand the company is turning around, or so they claim, and no longer run a pay-to-fly. I'm not starting this thread for people to bash Gulfstream, share their beliefs, etc. All I want to know is...do I pursue instructing for, lets say a year, and head to the "better" paying regionals and sit right seat chasing an upgrade? Do I pursue instructing for, lets say two years, and find a 135/frac job flying corporate? Or do I pursue Gulfstream, suck it up for a few years where I can hopefully log Turbine PIC time sooner than most other regionals (or so i've been told) and go to greener pastures...I know this is a loaded question, but think of it as more of a WWYD scenario...I have no wife(s), kids, dogs, etc tied to me right now. Just a huge student loan payment...