View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 07:58 AM
BeachBum82
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2007

I wouldn't go so far to say it's almost a complete waste of time. My family owns a banner tow company, I have probably 2000 hrs towing, and have flown BE400, MU300, Lears, Citations and am now at an airline. We have never had a pilot that was not successful at landing a better job after a season or two, every last one of them,( and I keep in touch with them all), is either at an airline, flying freight or corporate. Don't let people tell you it's a waste of time or dangerous. Most of the time those folks either A) worked for a really crummy outfit or B) have never actually done it. I always hear people say "that's a dangerous job", compared to what? It's as dangerous as you make it, like most aspects of flying. If you have good stick and rudder skills and some common aerodynamic knowledge and sense you will be just fine and probably have some fun. I can honestly say, that there are many days when I'm strapped in the front seat of that airliner, with a tie snugged up and some polyester pants on, wishing I could fly around in shorts and a t-shirt with the windows open.