View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 09:27 AM
cgull
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2009
Position: 757/767 FO

Originally Posted by AirbusA320 View Post
Stop playing the VICTIM CARD

90% of the posts on this form is constant whining!

10,000 pilots are looking at a substantial pay cut.
Some of you guys have law degrees, MBA and other Masters degrees so why don’t find a few leaders in your group and come up with your own bankruptcy buyout plan where the pilots takeover the airline. There’s plenty of capital in the world to do it.

Step up and take some positive action.
I think they looked into an ESOP a little while back. The web site was buyitfixit.org but, the website does not work.

As I understand it, the esop rules had changed and their plan was better than the UAL ESOP but they could not get any takers and it faded away. Maybe someone in the know could comment on it.

CAL pilots tried an ESOP When Frank Lorenzo tried to acquire CAL but the state of CA approved Franks plan after he PROMISED not to move the corporation out of the state of CA. I think it only lasted 6 weeks in CA before he moved it to the same state that used prison laborers to build the state capital instead of using stone masons.

Besides, Wall Street will never let the peasants own an airline. Capitalism is for the elite to privatize the gains and then socialize the losses. Corporate Welfare, only in Amerika (or maybe China and USSR too).

Craig