View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 12:09 PM
NowCorporate
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008

I love my job also...

Boiler Up said it all well and I agree with him on the lifestyle, I would not like airlines myself as all my airline friends work much harder than me. I like time off.

I have been fortunate to have only worked ONE holiday (this Thanksgiving) in my last 6-7 years. I started off in a 135 outfit flying Learjets...guess what? 135 pilots fly holidays. Charter is just that way.

Best advice I can ever give (and always do) is dont bother getting into this game unless you want to LIVE WHERE THE JOBS ARE. I simply know NO unemployed, qualified corporate pilots near me. In fact, I know its very difficult to even find good people. I know marginally qualified people in depressed areas who have been out of work 3 years. Its all about location.

If you do get into it, work like mad right out of the gate to get through the time building, harder jobs ASAP.

The right corporate job can be a great lifestyle. You wont get rich....think 125-200K in the better equipment...but the time off and job itself? Hard to beat!

Good Luck.