View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 03:14 AM
Timbo
Runs with scissors

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Going to hell in a bucket, but enjoying the ride .

Originally Posted by flyallnite View Post
Good point, but the A4A's new 'Raison d'être' if you will, is to attempt to stop our own government from giving away the store WRT the US air transport industry, and also to attempt to stop our government from developing policies that are detrimental to the home team players.

One would think that such a group would be redundant, after all its OUR government, but considering that Washington has given away virtually everything of value to our economy and completely mismanaged everything else it's been involved with, well, you can see the need.

The A4A is anti labor too, but our government has emerged as by far the biggest threat to our existence...

I agree and you need look back no further than when they awarded the "New Air Force Tanker" contract to...Airbus! Until 60 Minutes called them on it.

And anyone remember what that True American Hero John McCain said, after 9-11, when UAL was about to go bankrupt? When asked by a reporter what would happen if all our Large International Carriers went under, he said, "Well, if they can't fly those rountes and make money, we'll just have to let the Foriegn Carriers fly them..."

And this jackarse's kid flys for American.

What a douche.

Think Cabotage can't happen? I'm counting on it happening in the next 5 to 10 years. I hope I'm wrong but I've seen nothing coming out of Washingto DC to make me think otherwise.