Thread: SOC Done
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 04:47 AM
13n144e
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2010
Position: 787 CA

Originally Posted by strfyr51 View Post
That SOC signoff has NOTHING to do with your SCOPE nor contract. UAL will do as it's ALWAYS done. Whether they choose to RESPECT your Contract and SCOPE? That's a "Horse of another color".. Don't get your hopes up.
You're at United Now and THINGS are Different!
I actually agree with your first statement. I only pointed out that CAL was the surviving certificate to emphasize the fact that the scope section of our contract is still in effect and will remain so. It actually doesn't matter which is the surviving certificate, our contract still governs our flying. Period. Doesn't matter how much you capitalize, the rest of your post is your usual nonsense. I've seen no changes here at L-CAL other than a call sign. Same certificate, same checklists, same procedures, same Flight Ops management, same CEO...right down to the same paint job. Read Capt. Morse's recent comments concerning the lamentable CAL culture being imposed on L-UAL and she's absolutely correct; the few (and there weren't many) positive aspects of "CAL culture" died out long ago and I wouldn't want Jeffy's twisted version shoved down my throat either. But I certainly haven't had any one try to impose "United culture" here. Strfyr, I think your a little confused on the "merger of equals" concept, but it really doesn't matter. We will enforce our scope agreement whether UAL (or you) likes it or not.