View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 04:29 PM
justjack
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009

Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
What's getting lost in all the typical name calling is the statement that ALPA had ONE person testify at the hearing. That ONE person had no notes and no proof for the arbitrator to decide the case on the side of ALPA. The company had numerous people, all with their negotiators notes to "prove" the company position.

Question: Is THIS the kind of "representation" we would all hope for from ALPA?

Carl
Exactly. And all of the opportunistic disparaging comments and gloating by the West is just truly disheartening. It is reasonable to expect management to have myopic intentions- but not pilots. I suppose we never know how we would act but I would hope that fellow pilots would never defend the negligence of ALPA nor the greed of management. Furthermore, I am curious as to what anyone expected USAPA to do. They were legally bound to at least give this a shot- even though it was not a mess that they created. ALPA has been willfully negligent (perhaps criminally so)on so many fronts. All pilots should be outraged. While USAPA is not perfect, for now, it is - and by a long shot- the best alternative.