View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 06:08 PM
AANoUntilRetro
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2011

Originally Posted by RI830 View Post
Anyone who retired Nov 1st and later is unfortunately considered a creditor. Even Aprey at this time is considered a creditor.

It really chaps my arse to hear of this story about the retirement flight.
My heart goes out to him
and the 1000's of others that are effected by this.
Your heart goes out to ARPEY ? WHAT, Come again......

Originally Posted by RI830 View Post
Anyone who retired Nov 1st and later is unfortunately considered a creditor. Even Aprey at this time is considered a creditor.

It really chaps my arse to hear of this story about the retirement flight.
My heart goes out to him
and the 1000's of others that are effected by this.
Thanks for the sentiment, HOWEVER, Arpey was at the helm when the company squeezed everyone for billions in saving per year from all employees. I believe we (all AA employees) gave up almost 4 billion a year in concessions. This was done with the promise that once we returned to profitability we would be made whole. Of course the profits were reduced to ZERO after the big guys paid themselves the big bucks.

This financial engineering (concessionary contracts) enabled them the time to skim HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS in bonuses for the top guys before the pyramid collapsed.

I believe all of Arpey's comments were self serving. One, he received almost 4.8 mil at the time of the BK filing plus all of the bonus dollars he skimmed off the top with the other criminals since 2003.

The only way I think he would ever get any respect is to return the money he skimmed to the people that earned him the money in the first place.

If he doesn't, I am sure the sign over door to where he is going in the next life will read......... Welcome to Hell, Where Its only business'...