View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 12:41 PM
7Xdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2010
Position: Captian, G450, G550 (Ret.)

Originally Posted by NowCorporate View Post
G-Monsters?...now theres a new Gulf-ism......:-)

He flies a 7X....G550s are cheaper to buy. Up to 5Mil cheaper as off a year or 2 ago.

Where the Falcon shines is the cost of operation. Much cheaper than the Gulfstream, 35%...but you get what you pay for - much longer range in the 550. The 2 airplanes aren't really much of a comparison as they do very different missions. No Falcon is targeted at the G550 market.

Falcon also seems to really target the individual as compared to the large department...and have has some issues as of late with customer service (from my experience for sure) They are rabid about "Market Preservation." They were hangaring green airplanes all over Europe and the US when Gulfstream was selling them for 10mil discounts. This is the type of thing that attracts wealthy individuals looking to protect their investment. The vast majority of new Falcon buyers are previous Falcon owners.

I think the OP will be happy with a fleet change, as I can imagine dispatching a 7X as often as a large department will do can occasionally be a real headache...this I know. I have yet to fly an airplane that flies as nice, not even close...but that does you no good if you cant get off the ramp.

Not that this wont happen with every new airplane...

Now, ....er Now, you know me and the situation so you know I will miss the 7X. I only wish Dassault support was better. Then I could have retired not having to go through one more 4 week type rating course

Cheers!

Kevin