View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 09:18 PM
BS in proflight
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2011

Originally Posted by jayray2 View Post
I've wondered also if Delta is behind this mess, but Pinnacle is their own entity with their own stock holders. If Pinnacles starts to lose 200s this place is over, it will sink as the pilot cost rise above those of Comair. Bigger is better and more profitable in this market, Pinnacle is not going to shrink to profitability. I just don't see how Delta can be pulling the strings on this, as much as they would like to get rid of the 200s they still need them for the time being. Even if they could get rid of all of them tomorrow they couldn't physically do it, all their international customers need a way to get to their hubs.
Look at the Mesaba bankruptcy in 06', shrunk down to 49 saabs which was flown by the most senior of our pilots. You can cut a lot of cost out of the way by renegotiating in bankruptcy with everyone from labor groups to creditors. Not to mention everyone that bailed off the at the time sinking ship for what they hoped was greener pastures. Out of the 1000 pilots at the time probably 300 or more left Mesaba not wanting any part of the bankruptcy. Im sure management loved that. Back then I believe Southwest, Airtran, Continental and Fedex were hiring as were most regionals. Little different now days.