Thread: Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Elvis90 , 12-16-2011 07:30 AM
On Reserve
Elvis90
On Reserve
close
  • Joined APC
    Jul 2008
  • Position
    MSP7ERB
Quote: Have you forgotten, Delta has never and will never ever be interested in ever buying 717s.

All of the put two and two together stuff is just plain rumor mongering at it's worst and a dirty rotten lie by you clueless keyboard warriors. Delta doesn't buy used airplanes even at phenomenal prices, look around.

I mean the fact that the media openly writes about Delta taking SWA 717s, SWA pilots talk about there management talking about it openly in crew room visits, 4th floor types have gone to training on it, 4th floor types are saying the Board wants them, 20 used ones disappeared from the Boeing.com/preownedcertifiedused website the week we bought 100 739s, SWA has ordered a boat load of replacement 737s and says they don't want the 717s, and now that our mechanics may be getting training on it... none of that means Delta has the least bit of interest in them.

Remember, SWA was quite clear. They're not getting rid of the 717s... in 2011.
----
did the sarcasm come through Jug?
FTB - I'll say it...you were right! Heard the same rumor as I was going through MD-88 training in November. I'm sure the conversion training will be an at-home CBT...