Old 12-21-2011, 09:15 PM
FLMD11CAPT
Ok, No more sleeping Dog

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: MD-11, F/O

Originally Posted by Pakagecheck View Post
Well folks, it is gonna be close! Even though the crew force overwelmingly wants the 3%, many of your block reps will vote contrary to their constituents wants. I highly recommend each and every one of you email or call your rep and personally inform him of your view and find out where he or she stands! After that reiterate to them that their duty is to vote the way the majority in their block want. Their opinion on the matter, while possibly worthwhile, is totally irrelevant!! If the MEC votes this down and then the survey results show the contrary, there will be irrevocable damage to the trust the crew force put in their elected officials!
I am actually quite impressed with the majority of responses to this thread. However the above quote captures the real issue,
. We have overwhelmingly told our MEC that we want to Take the 3% at this time and keep talking. Now that we suspect that they might do something different during the MEC meeting in January then 1. Every crew member needs to contact their Rep and communicate their exact expectations for their representation, demand the release of the negotiating survey results (well prior to the January meeting), and demand that the vote in January be recorded by block in the minutes and not taken in executive session (i.e. we want to know who voted what), and 2. If that representation is other than the Majority designation then immediate recall initiated for all Reps who voted in contrary. We elected them to represent our best interests , and where designated execute our instructions when provided. We have certainly provided our instructions in this case. Take the 3%. Period. I cannot stress strongly enough the need for all to spread this discussion throughout the Crew Force. This needs to "go viral". Tell a friend...and then tell another.