View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 08:27 AM
Airhoss
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Sleeping in the black swan’s nest.

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
Did you get that Hoss?
YOUR ego-centered history lessons are getting old
But he will come onto the site in a few days and practically re-post a random thought about the airline industry that has been recycled for the hundredth time.

USMCFLYR
Yeah I got it....

Just to clear up a few things for the guys who want to hear it. Plug your ears SH the truth hurts.

I was hired at UAL in 1997 not in the 80's. I had a core group of buddies whom I knew and flew with in AK. ALL of them wound up at a major in the long run. Off hand I am able to come with 8 pilots in my circle of friends who are now flying for various airlines to include 2 at Fed-Ex, 2 at DAL, 3 at Frontier and one who is a senior 747-400 captain at Cathay Pacific based in and living in Dallas Texas on the freighter.

Alaska now has far more turbine opportunities than it did in early 90's when I and all of the guys mentioned were flying there.

Hey I agree that AK might not be the ticket if you are trying to get on with a big jet airline at some point. But it is definitley NOT a dead end as SH reports. Since I actually fly for an airline, unlike SH. I meet and talk to guys that I haven't flown with just about every week, AKA first hand factual information. We have a number of guys who have some Ak flying in their background. Not a majority mind you but they are definitley here.

Oh and when I upgraded to captain at UAL in 2008 my F/O was a 2008 hire and guess what? He had flown up in Ak for a time as well. He then got on with Connie Kallita flying 747's before coming to UAL in 2008.

A quick mathematical calculation tells me that we have in fact hired pilots in the last decade. Sorry about that SH.