Thread: American Flyers
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 12:46 PM
TheReelDeel33
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

I have some experience with the Morristown 30 day CFI program.

I graduated from a 141 college last August, grabbing my commercial/instrument ticket around August 4th. I was set to start up at a University for business school september 12th....

I tried to do a 30 day program, starting a week after completing my commercial checkride, hoping to finish before school started next month. Needless to say that was completely unrealistic.

My advice- Go into it prepared... Get all the writtens done (FOI,CFI-A,CFII) before you even start. I spent 2 weeks there studying for the writtens, and making lesson plans. I had never even gotten into the airplane, and decided that 2 weeks into it was a good time to stop going because there was no way I was going to finish. I told them I planned to go back during winter break to finish up, but since then I have kind of lost the motivation to become a CFI and plan to visit them sometime in the next week to ask about getting a refund of the unspent money I have there on my account (we'll see how that conversation goes)

Overall, the instructors there were very good. They def knew what they were talking about and could usually give detailed explanations of very complex questions confidently off the top of their heads.