View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 02:08 PM
jungle
With The Resistance

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Burning the Agitprop of the Apparat

Originally Posted by Pragmatic1 View Post
This is not about brands or selling anything. It's about reality. I'm not dealing in the historical. Only the present. Union decline can be attributed to many factors not necessarily related to political reasons. Changes in labor laws and the decline of manufacturing base in America are the major drivers for the membership decline. However, legislation related to labor issues is very political and politics impacts the make up of the NLRB which is critical to labor issues. We can only operate in the environment we live. Today the GOP is not very labor friendly. That might change in the future. This current rest rules legislation, despite the cargo cutout, is a win for labor. The Boeing mechanic agreement was another win for labor. Any change in the NLRB will impact future labor decisions. Maybe you are correct that the DEM party isn't particularly pro-union, but it should be obvious the other is anti-union.
And the Boeing 787 plant in South Carolina?

Only the present? That is a very tiny slice of time, but if you want to ignore the overall record over time it is of no concern to me.

If you want to spend your time and money on such things it would be far easier to just flush those hundreds down the toilet. I didn't waste a dime on any of it and I got the same deal you did.