View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 06:33 AM
Ferd149
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: LAX ERA

Originally Posted by crewdawg52 View Post
And yes, how dare just because we live in base, or are senior (remember, we used to be junior... whats seniority for?) we must get the early departures and late arrivals.
Well duhhhhhhhhh, everyone KNOWS that you moved to base so you could have the early departures, late arrivals and turns

Seriously, as Johnso said all we want is some balance and a recognition from the company that commuters save them big $$$ and provide operational flexibility. IE they can move flying around and commuters will just follow it vs having to pay for moves (and I would argue time off to make that move) like the military or any other major corporation.

The company can't have it both ways. They can't "make" more and more commuters by closing bases and moving flying around while they remain a commuter unfriendly company.

As was said, all we are looking for is balance. Honestly, I agree with your post.....we all make choices and need to live with them. I just did something I said I would never do....commute and chase money. I just went from 20% on an LAX ER to 65% on an SEA 330

Ferd