View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 10:43 AM
UPDRAFT
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2011
Position: Fetal

Dominican, the reason why you can't come back to the US is the exact reasons that I stated before. Your too old and make too much money to go to the bottom of a list, make no money and become a subordinate. no offense intended.

Whatever your view of US carriers may be, there are three undeniable facts:

-Gas prices are going up. We are at "peak oil". High gas prices will kill the RJ and hence frequency.
-Thousands will have to retire. whether its for age 65, or loss of medical or death. Legacy Pilots are getting OLD. An increase of age 65 will not happen any time soon because the FAA does not have sufficient data to justify the move.
-capacity has stabalize- planes are full, we are at supply/demand equilibrium.

Airlines are in the process of consolidation. There will probably be three legacy Int. carriers and half dozen LCC. this will bring back the profits. once the profits come so will salaries.

Call me optimistic but I have no reason to be, I am an expat. But, if I was still back in the US, I WOULD NOT LEAVE NOW.

Oh, a far as the experience thing.....as a UPS recruiter once told me "we rather have a BE1900 Capt. then a 747 FO." UPS would prefer heavy time but they won't touch you without the PIC time.