Thread: CFI ratings
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 07:40 PM
4th and Goal

I used to work for ATP. If you are looking for quality training at a reasonable price call 1-800-ALL-ATPS. I think thats the number. Well, at least it used to be the number. Good Luck to you.

Originally Posted by Chris
Greetings...

I'm a college student attending a two year degree plan in Houston - the college I go to has had a partnership with DCA (Delta Connection Academy) implemented recently.. which is bittersweet in a way. Anyway, the degree plan gets you a AAS in aeronautical tech after earning your private, instrument and commercial ratings. I don't have to get a ME rating to get the degree, which leaves me the option of getting my ME and CFI ratings elsewhere.

These are the costs DCA is asking for multi, instrument instructor, cfi and multi instructor:

Multi rating: $4450
CFI: $7600
Ins Instructor: $3900
Multi Instructor: $8940

Ever since DCA came along the prices are a little higher than they used to be. It's not really the price that's bothering as much as the feeling that "I want to get the best quality training for my money." Lately I've been torn between DCA and ATP; ATP seems very appealing because of the multiengine a/c time. DCA here is big on SE 172 time. Please chime in if you have attended either flight school and have any info that could help me make a well informed decision. I have ATP literature here at home but you know how flight academy propoganda is; it seems better to get info from someone who's went through it.

Thanks everyone and happy holidays!

Chris