View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 06:34 AM
aafurloughee
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

My advice to cut your teeth would be find a flight school that has a small 135 outfit. the busier the better. work your butt off and always network both with fellow intsrtuctors and students. a few students have actually been future owners of jets. You can then keep poking around for a better 135 as time goes on but always make a move in an upward fashion. don't go sideways for a few extra bucks. corporate is mostly right place right time, with a lot of networking. as for how crap the rise can be, well just read the posts again and then multiply some by 2. It is a roll of the dice. But you have to love it. I came close several times to giving up in my early days, but met too many guys that did give up and started singing the wish i would have blues. didn't want to be him. so keep firing at the target, you will hit it. also as someone said earlier, find a good corporate location geographically. i would recommend southern California, south FL, and North east. That is if you can afford it or stand living in those regions. I would say they have the highest concentration of corporate flying. secondary markets in my opinion would be Dallas, Chicago, Denver. Good Luck, it definitely will be a dog's breakfast for a while. hopefully luck will fall upon you quickly.