View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 12:45 PM
ZeckJet800
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2012

[QUOTE=NowCorporate;1111261]
Originally Posted by ZeckJet800 View Post

Not unusual?....the guy has as little respect for his own family as he has for you. Sad.

I am an employee, not family. Family is in the will. Very big difference.

The idea that I would leave my family last minute on xmas eve to go to work?.....well it better be an emergency....to cut down and decorate a tree for his family? LOL...wow.
Well, I didn't decorate it. That's a good thing... LOL

The respect for his family? I will just say "bingo" and leave it at that.
Other guys were great in that respect. Again the job varies, in my experience, as much as the principles do.

And whenever your cell phone rings and it's the CEO...well...it IS an emergency. If you want to tell him no, I hope your resume is current. No job protection in corporate.

My point for our new guy is that the expectations can depend on the owner, and of course on how willing you are to go the extra mile. It didn't bother me, it was a good gig and he did things for us too, we didn't fly very much, so in that respects it WAS a family environment.
But that said, it is a fine line - one guy owned lumber mills and asked me to come down and pull green chain at the mill when we weren't flying.
That wasn't going to happen.

Larger companies with larger flight departments will no doubt be different. Obviously my current job is different, but have still been known to drive an owner somewhere or help out in other small ways beyond flying. It's one of the things I enjoy about the job, but it may not be for everyone. My goal here was to share some corporate life with the original poster.