View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 02:32 AM
ImperialxRat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by The Dominican View Post
I got together with some of them last month and apparently they will start taking delivery of the 748 by this year, they will start hiring again as a result and for what they tell me, they will open the opportunity to folks that are not typed on the 74, we didn't talk too much shop that night (one too many Asahi dry pitchers rolling around) I'll try to see if I can get some specifics when I hit the town again, Narita that is because I doubt I'll be getting any intel in Bangkok.

About AJX, be mindful that due to the merging of the passenger and cargo operations, now we are doing most back of the clock, two sectors in the middle of the night with 2 to 4 hour sit in our sorting station in Okinawa, that sort of thing, so quality of life has decreased substantially (the cozy life style we been enjoying for the past 5 years is gone, good things never last in this business) although now we are able to bid for 14 days off in a row (you will be home 12 or 13, depending where you commute to) but now we are actually working for a living, many changes from night to day operations since they are mixing passenger and cargo flights on the same trip and they give you only 24 hours in between, fatiguing and inefficient, the rosters leave a lot to be desired lately..
Do you think it will remain like that?.. or are they just trying out different rosters and seeing the results?