Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 03:22 AM
gatorbird
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by bubi352 View Post
Yep Normann is right. From what I was told by one of the interviewer, they are looking mostly at 6-7000 TT. A regional background is preferred. He doesn't like cargo nor corporate.
Sorry but this is simply inaccurate. Cargo guys have historically been welcome here and that is still the case. Many of our current pilots cut their teeth in the cargo/on demand environment and have proven to be a good source of labor. I know of at least 8 all-cargo guys that have come through training since September. In fact, one of our line guys that frequents the interview board is a former DHL (among others) pilot.

As for the "no -91" guys...not entirely true either. If they are a good candidate all-around, they will get fair consideration. I sat in on an interview panel a couple of months ago and we go the okay to a sharp guy that was all corporate. True, if two candidates are up next to one another and they are equal except for 91 vs 121 experience, the guy with 121 time will win out. Is there any question why?

The key- as has been mentioned- is getting your name on top of a pile of thousands...