View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 05:33 AM
NERD
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2009

Not what I meant. I think ALPA has failed but so has every other pilot group the last 25-30 years. APA brought us the b-scale, voluntary paycuts in 2003, Swapa brought us undercutting wages to support the growth and by default they are on top, and Usapa, don't get me started. Not to mention all the jetblues, virgins, skybus, etc, etc that have undercut us and used the "we are new and can't expect a legacies pay and work rules excuse", "after we grow we will get that". All they have done is put pressure on us. So when y'all want to point out ALPAs faults, at least be fair and acknowledge that they are not alone in the destruction of our careers.

Originally Posted by DAL 88 Driver View Post
Ultimately, you are correct. But don't forget about the full court press sales pitch and pressure (including significant scare tactics) we got from ALPA to vote in favor of these agreements. Yeah, we should have had the guts to vote NO (some of us did), and part of the blame certainly goes to those who voted YES. But ALPA is not without blame in this. Not by a long stretch.