Thread: UAL Work Rules
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 12:39 PM
SoCalGuy
Keep Calm Chive ON

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Boeing's Plastic Jet Button Pusher - 787

Originally Posted by chuckyt1 View Post
At UAL we only have to check our schedule by 1800 on our lsat RDO. If there is no assignment at that time, then we will not be given a trip that departs before 1300. Also, once given an assignment, we are no longer required to be available. We can pick up an international trip 48 hours out. So... If I go on call Monday and pick up a trip that starts Tuesday, I don't have to answer my phone on Monday
Question.....
What provisions, if any, are there for a LINE HOLDER to pull that trip from you being a RESERVE Pilot?

The reason I ask, at the CAL, a LINE HOLDER can "pull a trip" that was assigned/or picked up by a RESERVE up to 12 hrs prior to the show time.....IE-The LINE HOLDER'S trip is less desirable (Show Time, Pay, CA/FO they're paired with, whatever the case) and he/she wishes to obtain a perceived "better" trip (ie-3 day for a 3day) that has been assigned/or picked up during a 'window' by a reserve.....The LINE HOLDER has the ability to do so.

Just curious in the example that you presented above, are there any provisions w/in your current system/CBA that would allow such trip to be "pulled" from you (RESERVE Pilot) by a LINE HOLDER during that 48Hr "prior" Int'l window?? If so, would you be back on RESERVE, IE-Phone Availability for that day you anticipated to not have to be contactable?