View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 01:39 PM
PicklePausePull
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: MD-11

Originally Posted by Rock View Post
I'm trying to decide if this statement is more or less useful than Albie's post. I see the logic of both. Probably doesn't matter either way because I'm about to get yelled at for quoting your whole post.

My perspective...I am a FedEx employee number who gets paid for generating revenue and not crashing airplanes. I am also an ALPA membership number who pays 2% of my FedEx salary in case I crash an airplane or do something that stops FedEx from generating revenue. Neither organization really cares about me. I am simply a source of income for both.
But a not insignificant difference between FedEx and ALPA is that one has a very long record of success in its decision making, and one...not so much. If FedEx is willing to increase my pay 3%, that helps me and ALPA. I'm not sure anyone loses in this deal.
The loss is the time value of money we attach to the issues that we have heretofore claimed are so important to us. My perspective is that delaying the possible incorporation of those issues by another year exceeds the 3% raise this year. Others think not.