Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 05:49 PM
flywithjohn
Ref +8

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: North by Midwest

Originally Posted by ATOP40 View Post
With zero growth that would mean a turnover rate of over 50% a year which far out of the norm.

What are your take(s) on this unusually large turnover?
Well my answer is just a guess since I never flew for Ameriflight, but I have close friends that do and my understanding is that the wash-out rate is extremely high. My old instructor said his class on the 99 started out with 12 and only 3 graduated.

As for the reason they quite from what I hear is stagnation and the routine. Some of their bases are black holes that ounce you get into it there is no getting out. They get hired thinking "yeah, turbine PIC time, I'll be at FedEx in two years". Then 6 months goes by they logged 200 hrs, can't upgrade or bid another station, the get stagnated and they want to shoot themselves to get out of flying the same run.

Another complaint I'm told is your given something like three days notification before a line check, which is not much time to prepare for one. That could be another reason I guess.

At least that is the complaints I hear. I suppose it is like any other airline: pay, quality of life and seniority bid. Whether it is Downtown Aviation to Pinnacle or Lufthansa to FedEx, there will always be something you don't like and it will drive to look elsewhere.

Last edited by flywithjohn; 01-07-2012 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Spacing