View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 03:47 PM
АЕРОФЛОТ 214
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Default Comair and Unions are going Down

As long as there is a great supply of Qualified Pilots (600 tt 100 ME). The unions are powerless untill there will be a shortage of pilots. From what I can see people with very strong financial backing are entering the aviation world with hopes of a short stop at a regional airline."no night freight to build multi engine time etc to get to a commuter" They will be off to greener pastures flying heavy meatal. Comair union is one of the pilot groups who has set a precedent pre 911 on wages and salary. The courts will never allow this union to strike as previous learned from the outcomes from Northwest ETC. I wish this pilot group the best of luck to protect their livelyhood ,however i just don't think it is in the making.

For those of you looking to break into this industry and have no financial obligations good luck . Because you will ,if you will continue to feed the fire to go to greener pastures. Flying School From nothing to CFI $120,000 Thank you Cha ching MEL time. The interest will add up and the company store will own you.

I wish the Comair group of pilots the best of luck with their contract.