Old 01-08-2012, 04:24 PM
JamesNoBrakes
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Volleyball Player

Originally Posted by crewdawg View Post
Nice thread revival! Well just in case he is still trying to decide!

This is my post from another thread similar to this one...

If you're going to pay out of state tuition, go to Arizona State! I did not learn about his gem until it was too late. Phoenix is an awesome town and you're five hours from anywhere (Vegas, San Diego, Flagstaff, etc...). Enjoy 24/7 awesome weather, great partying and more hot girls than you can ever imagine! Chicks don't put on their winter coats and go into hiding during the winter...and you don't need sunglasses to look at them in the spring. One walk down Mill ave., at night, and you won't look back. Shorts, sandals and Landshark all year round!

Get a degree is business or some other degree that may interest you. Look into nursing, i'm sure the ratio would be well in your favor. Go to a local airport and learn to fly at a Part 61 school and save $$$$$. Part 141 is way over rated! (I'm a 141 grad).

Or go to a sausage infested school full of dudes fighting over the 1 semi decent chick, trying to wow her with how awesome he is on flight team... Probably a chick you wouldn't even notice at ASU!

These are the ugly one!

Look i'm not going to be one of those guys that tries to talk you out of aviation. I love it and I have many buds who love it too. I also have friends who have moved on to other things because they can't stand being gone, low pay, $hitty work rules. So I will say, that if I had to to do all over again, I would get another degree, while flying outside of school.

Enjoy college for what it is, you have the rest of your life to worry about working. I would kill to be in your shoes and do college over again. I love my life now, but college was a blast!

Goodluck, and let us know what you decide!

In case you are still on the fence...check out USC! It's looks like alumnus night, but you the picture...nothing wrong with cougars or pumas!
Yes, there are some cool aspects, but 115 degrees and barely making into the 90s at night is not "awesome 24/7 weather". The air quality is also one of the worst, but I do like your general idea and I would say that overall it's worth it

Quoted for skin.