Old 01-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Bucking Bar
Can't abide NAI

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Douglas Aerospace post production Flight Test & Work Around Engineering bulletin dissembler

3 Stripes,

This is an interesting programme. As you state, you REALLY don't have a undergraduate degree.
Originally Posted by City University
It is the first course to accept Air Transport Pilots Licence and other licences in lieu of an undergraduate degree for entry into a Masters Programme.
Some airline recruiting departments are very specific about the accreditation of the schools attended by applicants. Delta and FedEx are examples of those airlines. Other airlines are not nearly as discriminating about educational backgrounds. Southwest is arguably one of the best jobs in the business and they do not require a degree at all.

Your situation is remarkably unique. Your first hurdle will be to argue in favor of consideration of your school. Then prove your programme is at least equivalent to a commonly accredited Bachelor in the US. (which without core 100 level English, History, Math, etc might be hard ... I'm also a product of a British school system and yes, I know the first year of college is pretty basic, but that's just the way it is)

You will discover (if you have not already) that accreditation in the United States is a non standard mess of inconsistent private agencies, often created at the behest of State regulation. There is not a single standard and schools form pseudo trade organizations which essentially self certify. Employers usually pick what they believe is the best certification standard for them and apply it like a filter. Name recognition and exclusivity mean more than they probably should in this game.

I think you are correct. Some US Majors will filter your application out before a human even looks at it. You will need an advocate on the inside to get a human to look at your paperwork and hopefully pass judgement in the affirmative. Then, you will be expected to describe the programme in detail and speak to how it benefits your employer.

However, the regionals will not be as picky and neither will Southwest.

Last edited by Bucking Bar; 01-11-2012 at 11:51 AM.