Thread: ipad revolution
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 06:47 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

PP -

What I doing it wrong or did I not have to look inside to read my sectional or approach plates before the new fangled IPad with charts came along?

Matter of fact - I remember looking like I was trying to wallpaper the inside of the cockpit with my sectionals!

It is all how you use the tools given to you. Somebody can be just as heads down looking at an iPad as they can be with charts. People get their head's buried in the cockpit programming the FMS but you don't want to go back in time with that capability do you? Matter of fact - taking a scenario where I have a flight plan in my OLD style Trimble and the same flight plan on my ForeFlight program - I can receive, or chose a new routing myself, program and display that new navigational information much quicker on the iPad therefore actually spending LESS head's down time.

Btw - I'll pass on you compliments to the ACY and ATL offices and let them know that a user states that the VORs are working great on the east coast. We never get any GOOD feedback Don't worry. VORs are going to be around for quite some time!

USMCFLYR