Thread: Quiet at UPS...
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 10:16 AM
JustUnderPar
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: UPS Captain

Originally Posted by 757upspilot View Post
They pay fairly well because the IPA has gotten it , not because they want too.

I have never seen anyone wear a UPS article on time off in 23 years.

Regardless of what you do or how well you do it you are always just Labor and not really part of the team of partners.
Every manager used to have a framed saying about how they where all partners in the company and they went out of their way to let you know that you were not one of them, a stock holder.
The funny part about how UPS works is the way "managers" (NURP's) benefit from the union. I remember hearing some of them argue (when I got furloughed) about what the union has done wrong etc. All the while we have made huge improvements (TCAS, EVAS, Full Face O2, etc). UPS would have NEVER complied with these things if it were not for the Union. iPads? Unless the Union gets them UPS will NEVER spend the money even if it saves money!! Don't kid yourself. If it were not for the IPA you would sleep at a cheap hotels and eat ham sandwiches (if you even got catering!)
NURP pay rates? Look at what a Capt makes and draw you own conclusion!!

Oh BTW. I believe these guys are in for a rude awakening. Friend of mine in the Training Center tells me that T.N and "Knee Cap" has hired an outside "efficiency" group to look at the FQS "system". I hear there will be more than a few that wished they had signed their cards.

I guess we will see how these guys feel when they get fired or piled with more and more work till they break! We'll see who laughs last!