View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 06:34 PM
FNG320
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by Meworry?
FNG,

I agree with most of what you say, especially with regard to how the committee should be paid/constructed. New e-mail out today on volunteers, I wonder if anyone will be knocking down the doors? Any volunteers out there?

If crew services ran the AOS, the committee would still set the parameters, so productivity, sit time, etc would still be controlled by the committee. CS would simply run the software. Would avoid the bias charge while still allowing the committee to control the results.

As long as our scheduling committee has the final approval of the pairings, then I would think that would be ok. I'd also like to see the committee made up with a few more involved in the pairings with their makeup consistant with the pilot basing sized

FLL 14%
LGB 11%
JFK 75%

That way a small base rep doesn't control the pairing construction of the larger base (like it is done right now).

So a comittee of 1 from FLL, 1 from LGB and 5 from JFK make it fair. Again assuming that all have approval of the pairngs. If only one or two have approval authority, then it should be a JFK based pilot. I know I may be bias right now, but history of the parings produced by the "committee" has borne this our. Only time will erase this shadow. We will have to wait and see.

Just my opinion....

FNG