View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 04:18 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by flyingpertyhigh
I don't even know the next step - contact a lawyer? Is this something that I can even come back from? From what I read, most people do not even have a problem with 1 DUI, and some people are still flying with 2.
You heard wrong. One DUI in today's climate is going to create monumental employment challenges, at least for any decent job. You could well be looking at ten years before any airline would even think about talking to you. Your long term prospects may also depend on your age when it happened...when you are 30 or 45 they may be forgiving of a DUI at age 19.

But DUI after 30? Fughedaboudit.

Two DUIs and you are 100% done.

Yes, there are folks flying with one or more DUI's, but they are mostly older guys who got theirs back in the day when a DUI was hardly more than an expensive traffic ticket. Times and attitudes have changed drastically.

the best news for you is that you have not invested that many years in this career...because it's time to look for a new one. You can keep flying on the side and possibly even return to aviation in 10+ years but your prospects are very grim right now.

Sorry, but that's the truth.