View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 06:10 PM
Jack Bauer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007

Originally Posted by FlyZ
Slow, I wouldn't say squandered. But I think by the time the JCBA was worked out it was already apparent that our Section 1 had huge holes. If there was a chance to make changes, any changes, I think some of these holes should have been tightened up.

I haven't been here that long, so I don't know if the relationship with mgt was more of a "gentleman's agreement" in the past. But from everything I've seen since getting here, our current mgt will take full advantage of any clause that is not fully thought out, including violating the spirit of the agreement on legal semantics. If that's to be the case, we need to "lawyer up" and stay one step ahead of the next loophole they will find. And every opportunity we have for an amended contract should close some of the loopholes.

It feels like we've been in a friendly touch football game, except now the other team has begun tackling. If we keep on using only our "constructive engagement" policy, they will continue to run over us, all the while telling us what good pilots we are and thanking us for all we do to make the operation a success. Bless their little old hearts.

I'm no expert - that's just how I see it.
Nicely put.