View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 06:22 PM
acl65pilot
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

Originally Posted by whatsitdoinnow
Does a contract extension require a member vote or can the MEC just approve it? If an extension is offered it better be 20% 1st yr and 20% second year.... That sill isn't contract 2000. Which was 12 years ago... So I guess im giving up inflation, or another 24-30%. In regards to an AMR merger/acquisition it's a good idea long term. As a company we get stronger and more profitable by being able to control ticket prices... Less competition. This is better so we can charge or cover the costs associated with volatile commodities. Ie: why FedEx and UPS are so profitable and their pilots are the best paid in the industry. Best line I have heard in awhile by a FedEx friend " do you really think I give a sh''t what the cost of oil is? We have proven time and again that we can pass that cost onto our customers. How many competitors do you think we have?"
As the policy manual states, it would be significant contractual change. I cannot see the reps not sending this to a vote. When talking theory with many of these guys, all have said, "Of course it will go to MEMRAT if it were to happen." Remember, it is still and "if"

Day Two of the MEC meeting is tomorrow in DC. The NMB was there today, and DAL's leaders are there tomorrow.