View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 09:44 PM
hockeypilot44
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Originally Posted by DAL 88 Driver View Post
Well I would certainly hope not. But the real question is exactly how much higher are your expectations? If you're going to compare us to all the other carriers with bankruptcy contracts and minimize the comparison with SWA (our biggest competitor in our biggest hub), then that sounds like expectations of a pretty small pay increase. At least you're being consistent with all the official DALPA contract communications we've been getting.
My friends hired at Southwest about the same time I started here are making $150,000 - $160,000 / year. I made less than $100,000 in 2011. A 50-60 percent pay raise is not going to happen. I don't think a 20 percent raise is going to happen. Actually, I really think we'll be offered something like a 30 percent raise over the life of the contract. Will I vote "no?" Of course I will. I think everyone will. I also think in 4 years, we'll be working for the same wages we are working for now. Now a 20 percent raise up front will pass. There's no doubt in my mind.