Thread: Erau
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 10:03 AM
phoenix23684
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2007

OK As a someone that attended ERAU, I have to reply to this post.

First let me begin by saying that I pursued the Aerospace Engineering route rather than Aero Sci, but obtained a minor in flight from Riddle. I got my private, instrument and multi at the regular FBOs and I have to say that obtaining my commercial from riddle was the best thing I could have done for my flying career. The amount of knowledge that was missing and was provided to me at Riddle was impressive and will never compared to the training that I got at the regular FBO and from my CFIs, which were great by the way.

Riddle is known, that's a fact. Like previous posts, only a few percentage of students really take advantage of what's available and those will become far better pilots for it. Sure a Capt with 10 years of experience is no questions better than a recent ERAU grad, but this same grad will be by far a better F/O than most and after 10 years as a Capt sustantially better than the other Capt. It's a fact and unless you went there and took advantage of their program you have no grounds to argue.